The Family Support Fund offers financial support to Holland Bloorview clients and families during times of transition or stress. The fund may provide financial compensation for equipment, medication, recreational activities and respite services during their journey as a Holland Bloorview client.
Decisions are based on how the funding will affect the client’s physical safety, wellness and overall impact on the family and the family’s financial need.
Dear Clients, Families, Staff and Community Partners,
During the 2020-2021 fiscal year, the Family Support Fund was amongst the first hospital-based funds in Canada to respond to the financial crisis brought on by COVID-19. During this transitionary time, there were extraordinary financial demands placed on the Family Support Fund during the first seven months. As a result, the team make the difficult decision to temporarily suspend reviewing applications during November and December 2020 in order to continue supporting clients and families in the upcoming new year.
Approaching the new year, we have greatly appreciated your patience during this unprecedented time and are excited to now have the opportunity to resume accepting applications to support clients and families beginning January 1st 2021, until the end of fiscal year, March 31st 2021.
Notice to Applicants: Due to an increase in applicants, only clients and families that have received less than $1500 from the Family Support Fund, between April 1st 2020- January 1st 2021, will be permitted to access the fund. If you have already received more than $1500 from the fund between April 1st 2020 and January 1st 2021, we ask that you re-apply effective April 1st 2021.
To see new application criteria, please see the eligibility infographic. For alternative funding options and resources, please see the Family Support Fund tips document and resource drop down bar.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support.
The Family Support Fund Team
- Paperwork Parties – This is a funding navigation workshop for caregivers to learn about government and private funding options, and receive support to fill out associated application forms. These sessions will be resuming in November. A virtual workshop schedule will be released and posted on the Holland Bloorview website.
- Family Support Specialists – Families can partner closely with a skilled Family Support Specialists for personalized consultation and connection to resources that meet their needs. All clients and families can book a consult by emailing email@example.com
- Funding and Financial Supports Guide – This guide was created by the hospital’s Family Support Specialists. It lists and describes a range of government and community funding sources, eligibility criteria, and application instructions
- Social Planning Toronto – This webpage includes food banks and essential supports for the City of Toronto
- 211 Ontario – The 211 program can help Ontarians with other emerging COVID-19 related needs, or needs brought on by the pandemic
- Financial Relief Navigator– Thisportal provides Canadians with clear, easy-to-navigate information on all COVID-19 emergency relief available from federal/provincial governments and major banks, credit unions, utilities and telephone/internet providers
- Alternate services that support HB Family Support Fund – resources that can assist or replace existing Family Support Funding. For more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The infographic document is a must read document before submitting an application. This infographic covers what you can expect from the Family Support Fund process.
- Family Support Fund Application Form (Microsoft Word file)
- Family Support Fund Application Form (PDF file)
- Family Support Fund Application Form (PDF file, fillable)
Note about fillable PDF forms: The PDF contains interactive elements which cannot be displayed within the web browser. Please download the PDF file and open using Acrobat Reader software (available for free from Adobe).
To submit your application please:
Fax to: 416-425-6376
C/O Family Support Fund
150 Kilgour Rd
Respite Worker Claim Form
For respite/childcare application, this document can be used as a support worker invoice