Autism Research Centre
The Autism Research Centre conducts research aimed at improving outcomes and quality of life for children with autism spectrum disorders.
We are part of the Bloorview Research Institute at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Evdokia Anagnostou and Dr. Jessica Brian, the co-leads of the Autism Research Centre, bring together a team of professionals with a wide range of expertise. These include neurology, developmental pediatrics, psychology, psychometry, engineering, early intervention, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, and nursing.
If you are interested in learning more about our research projects or to become involved in a study, visit our research page.
- The first of the new Psychopharmacology Webinar Series is now available online. Click here to access "Choosing the right medication, dosing and off-label use, best practice guidelines". And supplement materials: Clinical Practice Pathways for Evaluation and Medication Choice (full article), ATN AIRP ASD Sleep Toolkit for Parents, ATN AIRP ASD Sleep Toolkit for Clinicians, Pharmacological treatment of sleep disturbance in developmental disabilities: A Literature Review (Abstract)
- Check out the new open-access preview of this month's Autism-themed issue of 'Neuropsychiatry' - includes an editorial about variability in autism, updates on the definition of Autism, and summaries of recently published research on ASD.
- Holland Bloorview celebrates "Light It Up Blue" for World Autism Awareness Day on April 2nd, 2013!
- ARC is excited to hear from the February 19th throne speech that OBI funding has been renewed until 2018. See the speech here.
- ARC's Infant Sibling Study referenced in February 20th Montreal Gazette Article - 'Early Detection - How Low Can We Go?'.
- Dr. Brian's Social ABC's research featured in Vancouver Sun and Ottawa Citizen's 'Autism New Frontiers' series: 'Autism - Practical therapies turn play time into learning'.
- Clinical Trials studies highlighted in a the Ottawa Citizen, February 15th. 'Trial treatments: The goal is not only to reduce symptoms, but reverse autism's course'.
- 'Treatment: In the Waiting Room' - Dr. Evdokia Anagnostou quoted in November issue of Nature, regarding latest Oxytocin research.
- Toronto Star article highlight's Dr. Jessica Brian's "Social ABC's" early intervention study.
- "Will the study of healthy brains shed light on Autism?" Globe and Mail article featuring Dr. Evdokia Anagnostou
- New Article in Pediatrics regarding immunization uptake in siblings of children with ASD.