Cleft lip and palate/craniofacial dental program
The cleft lip and palate/craniofacial dental program is designed for children and young adults who:
- were born with facial differences (this can include children and young adults who have Down syndrome, cerebral palsy or other conditions)
- have missing teeth or other serious conditions affecting their teeth
- have injuries or tumors that affect their teeth and jaws
To be eligible for funding, an individual must be:
- a resident of Ontario in possession of a valid OHIP number
- diagnosed as having a cleft lip and/or palate, a craniofacial anomaly or other severe dental anomaly
- have sufficient residual craniofacial growth necessary to achieve the maximum potential benefit from a single course of treatment.
In some cases, clients may be eligible for treatment under general anesthesia.
Our services are also offered to siblings of clients.
Our focus is a family centred approach to care that includes assessment, treatment, surveillance, co-ordination of services and follow-up.
The cleft lip and palate/craniofacial team also offers annual cleft lip and palate dental clinics in Timmins, Sudbury, Sault St. Marie and Thunder Bay, Ontario.