Facility: Kiosk Vendor Program
Holland Bloorview receives requests from vendors to sell products and services on the premises. A kiosk vendor policy has been created to streamline these requests and to have all requests pre-approved and pre-screened by Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation (Holland Bloorview Foundation) to ensure that all products and services are appropriate for sale at Holland Bloorview.
- Interested vendors are required to complete the Kiosk Vendor Request Form for the appropriate year.
- Upon review and approval of application, vendors will be added to the sales schedule, dependent upon availability.
- Priority will be given to vendors providing specialized products or services for Holland Bloorview clients and/or families.
- A schedule of vendors will be posted on the corporate intranet (viewable by Holland Bloorview staff). We will not put up flyers or signs in the building or send out mass emails to staff.
- Holland Bloorview reserves the right to withhold permission from any vendor or discontinue a vendor's sale immediately if there is any violation of any law, regulation or this policy.
- Vendors must wear a vendor identification badge (available at reception).
- Holland Bloorview reserves the right to cancel any scheduled kiosk vendors for reasons impacting Holland Bloorview's operations, including, but not limited to, an infectious outbreak, power failure or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Parking is not included but is available on site at the standard daily rate of $9.
- All sales items must be in new and superior condition, and are required to be on-site and available at the time of purchase.
- All products must be scent-free, in keeping with Holland Bloorview's scent-free policy.
- Vendors who sell food items must ensure that items are in commercially sealed and labeled packaging. Nut products must be sealed and labeled appropriately.
- Vendors are not permitted to make any medical claims or statements about any product or service they are selling. Any terms, such as, but not limited to, cure, treat, heal, pain, relief, remedy, in regards to any medical conditions such as, but not limited to diabetes, arthritis, migraines, implied or expressed, verbal or in written form are strictly prohibited.
- Vendors selling copyrighted or trademarked products must submit permission letters with this Agreement. In other words, vendors SHALL NOT sell any counterfeit, replica or knock-off merchandise. Failure to provide a permission letter may result in a ban from the vendor program. Vendors in violation will be asked to leave without return of payment and all future dates will be forfeited.
- Fundraising initiatives considered being in direct competition with Holland Bloorview's fundraising initiatives will not be permitted at the kiosk vendor booth.
- Vendors will set up their booth at the tables provided inside the cafeteria, from 8:00am-4:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Vendors may load and unload their items in front of the main entrance.
- Holland Bloorview will provide 2 tables and 2 chairs. If you require a tablecloth, please indicate this on your application. A charge of $10 per vendor per day will apply. When you arrive the cafeteria is often vacant so it can be tempting to use extra tables or set up your own hangers or shelves. Please do not do so and please do not hang anything off of walls or windows. During lunch, we are very busy and the space given to you is all that you should be using. Those who do not comply will be asked to remove any items outside of the two tables.
- Vendors must know that Holland Bloorview uses energy conservation measures and that at different times of the day, at different times of the year the lighting immediately above the vendor tables may automatically turn off for periods of time. Lights cannot and will not be turned back on manually. CSA approved lamps can be used to overcome this issue. Any wires run to outlets must be taped securely to the floor.
- At this time, a phone line is not available for credit card verification; however the vendor table is located near a Scotiabank ATM machine.
- Vendors are responsible for assembling and dismantling their displays, ensuring their display area is clean and maintained throughout the day. At the end of the day, the space must be left in the same condition as it was found in the morning.
- As the vendor table is in a prime location, setup should be contained and cannot disrupt the overall traffic flow.
- If the given space is unavailable, an alternate space will be provided.
- Customers should be made aware of your refund and return policies.
- Vendors must not hang any items from the ceiling or walls. The vendor space is to appear neat and organized at all times.
- All products sold must comply with all regulations established by the applicable government agencies, including but not limited to the Electrical Safety Authority, Buildings, Fire and Health Departments of the City of Toronto. Vendors must provide a copy of the necessary licenses, permits or certificates with this Agreement.
- Vendors are prohibited from selling products made from Lead or Cadmium on property. Please visit Health Canada webpage at www.hc-sc.gc.ca or contact Health Canada directly at 1-866-225-0709.
- A $125 daily fee is required in order to secure a sales date. For the months of July and August the daily fee is $100. An additional $10 will be added if tablecloths are required. The fee arranged must be settled upon confirmation of your vendor date(s).
- Vendors can pay by credit card or with post dated cheques. Cheques must be dated for the first of the month prior to your scheduled date i.e. if your vendor date is November 15th, the cheque must be made for October 1st. Credit Cards will be charged on the first of month prior to your scheduled date in order to secure your booking.
- Corporate vendors (ie, not individual vendors) who sell products that are not typical, such as cell phones, health club memberships, etc. will be charged a $200 flat daily fee, which is payable upon booking the vendor date. The decision as to whether the sale item is "not typical" is at the discretion of Holland Bloorview Foundation.
- If cancellation occurs prior to the 1st day of the month prior to your vendor day, no charge will be applied.
- After payment is processed, any cancellation up until 14 business days prior to your scheduled date will result in a 50% refund.
- In the event of a no show or cancellation less than 14 business days prior to your scheduled booking, you will forfeit your deposit.
- Vendors may not swap days with other vendors. Vendors who have not signed our contract are prohibited from selling on our site. We have vendors eager for cancellations and will make alternate arrangements. Do not under any circumstance offer your spot to another vendor.
Failure to comply with the above Terms could result in the vendor being asked to leave immediately with no refund for rental fees issued.
We appreciate your interest in the Holland Bloorview Vendor Program and look forward to working cooperatively with you.
Contact: If you have additional questions you can contact the vendor program by phone or email:
Tel: 416-425-6220 ext. 6467