Recreation, respite and life skills fair
Saturday, January 13, 2018
- 03:00 PM
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Learn about recreation, respite and life skills programs across the GTA.
- Talk to representatives from over 30 community programs.
- Find the right program to fit your needs.
- Register for summer and seasonal services.
Information Booths: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Drop in
- Holland Bloorview Recreation Services and Life Skills Development, Transitions, Music, Arts and Aquatics
- Adapted Equipment: recreation, sensory, daily living
- Inclusive and specialized community programs
- Summer and seasonal camps
- Respite services
Exhibitors at the fair:
- Camp Awakening
- Camp Concord / Concord in the City / Cedar Ridge Camp
- Fiddlehead Care Farm
- Special Olympics
- Camp Kennebec
- Christian Horizons
- Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office – Ontario Early Years Centre
- Woodgreen Community Centre
- East Metro Youth Services
- Easter Seals
- STEPS Programs
- March of Dimes Canada
- Montage Support Services
- Reach for the Rainbow
- City of Toronto Parks, Forestry, and Recreation
- The Dance Ability Movement
- Ideas for Independent Living **(will provide promo material to Arnold Lopez to present on their behalf)
- Flaghouse Canada
- Ability Online
- Freedom Concepts
- Forrest Communications Inc.
- Koolway sports
- Windreach Farms
- Vita CLS & Mens Sana
Holland Bloorview programs/services:
- Therapeutic Recreation & Life Skills
- Music and Arts & Respite
- Recreation Equipment Loan services
- Foundation Capes for Kids Awareness
- Care for the Caregiver
- Funding Resources
Presentations: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (No registration required)
10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Finding the right camp for your child
Presenter: Ontario Camping Association & Reach for the Rainbow
11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Adapted and integrated recreation programs
Presenter: City of Toronto: Parks, Forestry and Recreation
12:45 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Hiring a Respite Worker
1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Life Skills Development and Transitions
Presenter: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Check out the information booths and participate in information sessions! You can also download a copy of the flyer.
Contact us at (416) 425-6220 ext. 6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org. While childcare is not available during this event, children are welcome to attend. Metered parking is available.