June 16, 2015
Plan ahead for summer - it may take longer to get to Holland Bloorview during the Pan Am Games
The TORONTO 2015 Pan Am Games will take place July 10-26, 2015 and the Parapan Am Games will run from August 7-15, 2015. The games will bring a number of temporary changes to the region’s transportation system such as lane restrictions, turning bans, new high occupancy vehicle (HOV) or carpool lanes.
Heavy traffic delays may impact the commute to and from locations, especially during rush hours.
It is business as usual at Holland Bloorview but it is important to understand these changes and how they may affect your commute.
Be sure to stay on top of all traffic plans on the Pan Am Games official website. Some of the traffic measures begin in late June, before the games officially begin, so make sure you check the site if you are coming to Holland Bloorview between late June and late August.
Ways to plan ahead
Consider these tips to avoid unplanned delays when visiting Holland Bloorview this summer:
- Know what traffic measures will be in place in your area and how they may impact your visit to Holland Bloorview.
- Plan your trip well ahead of time.
- Carpool and take advantage of new temporary HOV lanes.
- Take transit to avoid traffic.
- If you need to drive, plan alternate routes to avoid busy areas along the Games Route Network and near events.